The Resource The talking eggs : a folktale from the American South
- The talking eggs : a folktale from the American South
- Title remainder
- a folktale from the American South
- Statement of responsibility
- retold by Robert D. San Souci ; pictures by Jerry Pinkney
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- Wealth -- Juvenile fiction
- Dust jackets (Bindings) -- 1989
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- Pride and vanity -- Juvenile fiction
- Folklore -- United States
- Poverty -- Juvenile fiction
- Caldecott Medal -- 1990
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Avarice -- Juvenile fiction
- Eggs -- Juvenile fiction
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Coretta Scott King Award (Illustrator) -- 1990
- Cruelty -- Juvenile fiction
- Folklore -- United States -- Juvenile fiction
- A Southern folktale in which kind Blanche, following the instructions of an old witch, gains riches, while her greedy sister makes fun of the old woman and is duly rewarded
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1990
- Colorado Children's Book Award, 1991.
- Delaware Diamonds (book award), Primary (Grades K-2), 1994.
- Georgia Children's Book Award for Picture Storybook, 1993.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades K-3, 1992.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Primary School, 1993.
- Awards note
- Coretta Scott King Honor, illustrator, 1990.
- Caldecott Honor Book, 1990.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Tal 1989
- T35 1989
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The talking eggs : a folktale from the American South
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The talking eggs : a folktale from the American South
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://bartram-trail.library.link/resource/LIlg2rq9gJU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://bartram-trail.library.link/resource/LIlg2rq9gJU/">The talking eggs : a folktale from the American South</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://bartram-trail.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://bartram-trail.library.link/">Bartram Trail Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Bartram Trail Regional Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...